The Fender American Special series delivers USA-made instruments with quality specifications at a lower price than many other American-made instruments. Combining timeless Fender style and modern playability, you really get the best of both worlds with the American Specials!
Body & Neck
Fender have opted for an alder body, in keeping with Strat tradition, providing an even resonance that is both warm and clear. A slick gloss polyurethane finish will provide a timeless aesthetic that ages naturally.
The neck is made of maple, with a modern C profile to give you plenty to grip when you’re playing – this ensures a bright, snappy tone and a responsive feel, complemented perfectly but the 22 jumbo fret configuration. It’s worth noting that the American Series guitars feature the ’70s headstock, adding a little extra retro flavour!
Electronics & Hardware
This guitar is loaded with two Texas Special single-coil pickups in the neck and middle positions, and an Atomic Humbucking pickup in the bridge. This means you’ve got a piledriving bridge sound that’ll handle the gnarliest of riffs, while the Texas Specials will manage to squeeze heaps of extra heat into the output of the other positions. Your rhythm parts will pack a serious punch and your leads will soar like never before!
A 3-ply mint green pickguard with aged white control knobs are contrasted nicely by nickel and chrome hardware, finishing off the appearance with the perfect amount of class. You simply won’t want to put it down!
- Series: American Special
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Pickups: Atomic Humbucking (Bridge), Texas Special Single-Coil Strat (Middle/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Greasebucket Tone Circuit, (Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup), Greasebucket Tone Circuit
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Other Features: Large ‘70s Style Decal, Dual “T”-Roller String Trees