The SlideRIG Compact Deluxe takes the transparent tone and incredible sustain of the original SlideRIG and packs it into a compact pedal. A third of the size of the original, the SlideRIG Compact Deluxe also offers three times the tone-shaping potential thanks to its unique three-way parallel compression mix controls.
Already legendary amongst slide players, the SlideRIG delivers clean “infinite sustain” in true Little Feat fashion. In the studio, Lowell George used a pair of 1176 compressors chained together to create his trademark tone – clean and shimmering, yet full, fat and dripping with sustain. The original SlideRIG pedal gave guitarists a more affordable, practical and portable way of replicating this tone, but now we’ve taken it even further.
More flexible than ever, the SlideRIG Compact Deluxe gives you access to conventional single-stage compression, as well as the SlideRIG’s trademark dual-stage compression. Using the pedal’s unique three-way mixer stage, you can blend in your dry, uncompressed signal alongside the single- and dual-stage compression signals!
This is parallel compression on steroids. Together with pedal’s high-current, low noise preamp and a revised gain structure that allows greater control over compression levels, the trio of blend controls yield limitless possibilities – transparency, dynamic integrity, squash, sustain… you name it!
Please note: the SlideRIG Compact Deluxe is powered by a mains adaptor only. We’ve dispensed with the usual 9V battery option, both to save space and to allow us to adopt a high-current approach, yielding lower noise levels and superior tone.
• 100% Class-A discrete signal path
• Classic, ultra fast “FET” response
• Studio-grade discrete-transistor preamp
• Single-stage and dual-chained compression circuits
• Input/Comp and Master Output level controls
• Dry, Single-stage and Dual-stage level controls
• High-current, low-noise electronics
• Ultra-wide frequency response
• Ultra-high input impedance
• Silent switching
• High-quality “signal-conditioning” bypass mode
• Premium components throughout
• Advanced power supply filtering and protection
• Flexible external power requirements (9-18V DC)
• PSU Spec. 77mA @ 9V / 102mA @ 18V
• Designed and built in England