The all-new American Professional Series Telecasters have finally arrived and are some of the finest examples that we’ve ever seen from Fender.
The Original Workhorse Just Got Better! Introducing the American Professional Telecaster.
The Fender Telecaster has been a favorite amoungst guitar players for over 50 years! It’s simple yet incredibly intuitive design has hardly changed in all the time it’s been in production. This particular model is finished in Fenders classic ‘Butterscotch Blonde’ finish giving it a very ‘Nocaster’ vibe which we feel traditionalists will love. Fender guitars are the bench mark to which all other manufacturers are judged. Not just for their incredible quality and attention to detail, but for their eye for innovation.
The Fender Professional Series lives up to this tradition, offering players a chance to own what is simple the best of the best. As Fender say, “Stop Dreaming, Start Playing”.
The American Professional Telecaster Doesn’t Just Build on It’s Predecessor, It Reinvents It.
With the new American Professional Tele, players are treated to a host of new innovations previously unseen on past models. Brand new pickups, circuitry, hardware, neck profiles and finishes will immediately separate this guitar from it’s predecessors.
Back in the early days of Fender, electric instruments were primarily made of Ash. The wood is very dense and resonates incredibly well but also holds an interesting property. It has very straight wood grains and holds a finish better than most other woods. The unique grain we see on vintage instruments, is this way because of the Ash body, this guitar is then a tribute to some of Fenders earliest models.
V-Mod Single Coil Pickups
The brand new V-Mod single-coil pickups power this beast and have been designed for each individual pickup position from the ground up. These pickups actually mix alnico magnet types to allow for more powerful nuanced tones while still retaining the original Fender flavour. Sustain is improved, single-coil hum is eliminated and high end tones are actually clearer and more prominent. From trying these puppies out, they don’t sound like a rehash, these are totally reimagined to the point where you will ‘feel’ a difference due to the improvement on picking dynamics and response. We absolutely love them.
A Brand New Treble Bleed Circuit
It’s all fine and good that Fender have created incredible pickups, but does this new Telecaster fully take advantage of them? Well thanks to radical new ‘Treble-Bleed’ circuity, these pickups can sing their finest song without even a shred of tone loss. This new circuitry makes use of the very best transistors and capacitors to ensure that when you turn your guitars volume down, no brightness or attack is lost within the circuit. This is a huge innovation in its own right and will be instantly noticeable to players when they experience the versatility that comes from being able to clean up dirt tones and change the guitars entire dynamic just via subtle turns of a volume/tone control. That’s another one off the list for Fender.
A Brand New Neck Profile
For 2017, Fender are going with an all new neck profile, the ‘Modern Deep C-Shape’. Now any good player will tell you that a neck profile is subject from player to player and what works well for some, may not work as well for others. Somehow Fender have taken this rule and torn it out of the book. this new profile is expertly designed to feel amazing in your hands while you play. This is actually all to do with a brand new fret design, the ‘Narrow Tall’ fret. This new shape makes bending strings effortless and accurate while keeping this guitar in perfect intonation.
A fusion of contemporary and classic, the American Professional Telecaster is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- Body Material – Ash
- Body Finish – Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck – Maple, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish – Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back (Maple), Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face (Rosewood)
- Fingerboard – Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets – 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays – Black Dot (Maple), White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width) – Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines – Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Scale Length – 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge – 3-Saddle, Strings-Through-Body Tele with Compensated Brass
- Saddles, 6 screw mounting with removable modern ‘Ashtray’ Bridge Cover
- Pickguard – 1-Ply Black, 3-Ply Black, 3-Ply Mint Green), 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups – V-Mod Single-Coil Telecaster (Bridge), V-Mod Single-Coil Telecaster (Neck)
- Pickup Switching – 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls – Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Control Knobs – Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish – Nickel/Chrome
- Strings – Fender USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag – Elite Molded Case